Considering the current health emergency and travel restrictions, the 2021 Summer Schools go fully online in distance learning.
1. Text Mining (July 19 - 23 2021) - taught in English
Francisco Villarroel Ordenes (LUISS)
Entry skills required
None in particular
– Introduction to text mining: At the intersection between big data and linguistics
– Natural Language Processing: Syntax, semantics and data preprocessing
– Dictionary approaches: Use of existing dictionaries and development of customized ones
– Supervised learning: Classifications of documents into predefined categories
– Unsupervised approaches: Text clustering and topic extraction
– Application exercises with Knime Analytics and R
Participants can earn 2 ETCS for each school they attend.
Places available for each school: minimum 12, maximum 16.
Timing: each school starts at 9.00 on Monday and ends at 17.30 on Friday.
For an optimal experience of the Schools, a high-speed internet connection is necessary.